Our Key Takeaways from HLTH 2022
Redesign Health sponsored HLTH 2022 in Las Vegas last week, where Redesigners and leaders from our Operating Companies connected with industry innovators and attended thought provoking panel discussions. We asked them to share some of their key takeaways from the event — major themes included Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) data, value-based care, interoperability, and women’s health.
1. SDOH Data- Acquiring, assembling and mining SDOH data was a major topic of conversation at the conference, which drew more than 9,000 attendees. Data from the No Surprises Act was also discussed. Effective beginning in January of this year, the act protects consumers from surprise billing if they have a group health plan or group or individual health insurance coverage.
“Many people were talking about how we can use this data, and the question becomes what action can providers and payors take that maximizes patient outcomes while controlling costs, and what’s within their ability to influence? Data standards within this new data segment need to be addressed.” - Missy Krasner, Venture Chair, Redesign Health
2. Value-Based Care- Our team heard from many who felt the state of value-based care is still more rhetoric than action. A shared sentiment was that the transition to this form of care is moving much too slowly, despite healthcare’s transition away from fee-for-service. Roughly 6-7% of total revenue at primary care practices can be attributed to value-based arrangements, and surgical specialities that involve bundles had even less value-based payment as a percentage of total medical revenue.
“Many attendees I spoke to said they agree that the current FFS state will not continue. The switch to value has been slow, but it’s important.” - Missy Krasner
“Most people I talked to are in agreement that value-based care is not here yet, but it is coming and we need to get ready for it.” - Lesley Solomon, Venture Chair, Redesign Health
3. Market Conditions- The state of the market was expectedly a hot topic this year. Startups are seeing the need to return to the basics and focus on their missions. Many investors share a bearish, yet optimistic outlook. Digital health experts say the slowdown in record funding will actually benefit the industry.
“Investors I spoke with talked about market conditions which translates over to tighter budgets/cash conservation, scrappier teams, and more focus on product market fit early.” - Missy Krasner
“Most of my discussions were around 2023 remaining soft, but investors were optimistic that money would start flowing and get deployed in the quarter two time frame. Investors also seemed somewhat delighted that valuations were “coming down to earth” and that would be the factor driving investment flows again.” - Rob MacNaughton, Venture Chair, Redesign Health
We left HLTH as inspired as ever to tackle the industry's toughest issues and made valuable connections with many who share our vision of redesigning health for everyone. Interested in joining us? Explore our partners page for more information.
- Redesign HealthDavid Entwistle, President and CEO of Stanford Health Care, Joins Redesign Health Board of Directors
We’re thrilled to welcome David Entwistle, President and CEO of Stanford Health Care, to our Board of Directors.
August 17, 2023
- Chronic CareRedesign HealthInfusing Innovation Into Care for Chronic Illnesses
Uptiv Health transforms the transactional treatment model centered on pharmaceutical support to one that’s focused on the whole person, empowering patients while prioritizing their health and well-being.
August 10, 2023
- Mental HealthRedesign HealthMaking a Clinical Impact: UpLift's Integrated Behavioral Health Model Increases Access to High-Quality Psychotherapy and Psychiatry
Early traction secures $10.7M in Series A funding and a new Medicaid MCO partnership that will form a first-of-its-kind clinically integrated network (CIN) to expand behavioral healthcare access for Medicaid members in Washington, D.C.
August 08, 2023
- CaregivingRedesign HealthModernizing the Caregiving Experience
We’re proud to introduce a groundbreaking platform designed to meet caregivers’ unique challenges.
August 01, 2023
- Healthcare LaborRedesign HealthReimagining the Healthcare Labor Pool Through Innovation
In our latest blog post, we look at trends shaping the imbalance of healthcare staffing supply and demand and explore the ecosystem of Operating Companies at Redesign Health that we’ve built to help health systems ease the labor crisis.
July 28, 2023
- Senior HealthRedesign HealthCultivating Connection and Community Among Older Adults: Meet Peppermint
We are proud to highlight the recently launched company Peppermint, an innovative online clubhouse community designed to help older adults discover and pursue their passions and inspire others.
July 26, 2023
- Value-Based CareRedesign HealthBreaking Down Barriers to Value-Based Care Contracting: Simplifying the process through collaboration, real-time insights and comprehensive data
Syntax is an enterprise SaaS platform that simplifies and demystifies how contracts are created and completed for all parties involved. With Syntax, teams can obtain a full view into what a value-based contract will look like in practice.
July 18, 2023
- Cardiac CareRedesign HealthExpanding Access to Cardiac Rehabilitation with Whole-Person, At-Home Care
Each year, more than 1 million Americans become eligible for cardiac rehabilitation. We’re thrilled to launch a new company designed to reshape the way patients receive cardiac rehabilitation.
June 15, 2023
- Redesign HealthRedesign Health: A 5-Year Milestone of Innovation & Impact
As we stand at the cusp of the next wave of change, we wanted to look back on what we’ve done so far and share where we — and the industry — are going next.
May 31, 2023
- Redesign HealthCelebrating Five Years of Redesigning Health for Everyone
Five years ago, we realized the only way to create real change in healthcare is at scale. Now, we’re proud to have powered the launch of more than 50 healthcare companies.
April 20, 2023
- Redesign HealthRedefining Pet Care for Modern Pet Parents and Veterinarians
Today’s pet owners don’t just adopt animals—they treat them as members of their family.
April 12, 2023
- Our Key Takeaways from ViVE 2023
Redesign Health attended ViVE 2023 in Nashville last week, where Redesigners and leaders from our Operating Companies connected with industry innovators and attended thought provoking panel discussions.
April 03, 2023
- Lesley SolomonFilling the Critical Gap in Women’s Health Care
Women in the United States are facing a troublesome, fragmented patchwork of care options, caused by a variety of challenges.
February 28, 2023
- 2022 Year in Review
It was an exciting year for Redesign Health!
December 19, 2022
- HLTHRedesign HealthOur Key Takeaways from HLTH 2022
Redesign Health attended HLTH 2022 in Las Vegas last week, where Redesigners and leaders from our Operating Companies connected with industry innovators and attended thought provoking panel discussions.
November 21, 2022
- Redesign HealthOur Biannual Redesign Health Cares Day
Last week, Redesign Health held its Redesign Health Cares Day in celebration of World Kindness Day on November 11.
November 17, 2022
- PartnershipsRedesign HealthPartnering With Leading Children's Hospitals to Identify and Build Innovative Pediatric Healthcare Solutions
At Redesign Health, we firmly believe the US healthcare system desperately needs innovation to address our lagging health outcomes, sky-high costs and uneven access to care.
November 03, 2022
- Redesign HealthRedesign Health at HLTH 2022
We are excited to share that Redesign Health team members and leaders from a number of our Operating Companies will attend HLTH in Las Vegas later this month.
November 02, 2022
- CEORe View Summit Recap
We recently brought together 30+ of our founding CEOs and Venture Chairs for the inaugural Re View Summit, a two-day event focused on the best practices for successfully scaling businesses.
September 29, 2022
- Redesign HealthOur Mission to Redesign Health for Everyone
Redesign Health powers innovation in healthcare by developing technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change across the industry. Since 2018, exceptional founders have built over two dozen companies at Redesign Health.
September 13, 2022
- Redesign HealthAmbition and Urgency Shape the New Redesign Health Brand
Our new brand is the culmination of conversations with people from all levels of the organization — those who have been with Redesign since the beginning to people who just walked in the door. We listened to founders, partners, and industry experts.
April 21, 2022