2023 Redesign Health Recap
The Redesign Health community soared to new heights this year. We welcomed a remarkable group of CEOs into our ecosystem and launched over a dozen new healthcare companies to tackle some of healthcare’s toughest challenges. We actively worked to cultivate connections among our CEOs, creating space for invaluable knowledge sharing through our second annual CEO Summit and unique founder-focused programming. As we wrap up the year, here's a recap of some of our most exciting moments.
We launched transformative companies.
In 2023, exceptional founding teams launched transformative healthcare businesses at Redesign Health, addressing needs across the healthcare spectrum, from adolescent mental health to chronic disease infusion care.
Our companies partnered with leading organizations.
Companies in the Redesign Health ecosystem launched new partnerships with industry leaders and successfully raised additional capital.
We welcomed 25 new CEOs.
Our Operating Companies range from newly-launched concepts to businesses that are rapidly becoming market leaders across the healthcare ecosystem. This year we welcomed 25 new CEOs to lead the growth and expansion of Operating Companies built at Redesign Health.
Operating Company leaders embraced opportunities to actively share knowledge with one another, fostering a vibrant community of collaboration and learning.
In the CEO Conversations series, CEOs participate in candid discussions, creating a unique space where they share insights from their journeys as founders. They've explored topics such as integrating AI into a product roadmap, building compensation plans for B2B salespeople and top considerations for 1099 vs. W2 for provider staffing. It's a dynamic blend of shared wisdom and practical solutions. CEOs also began meeting regularly in cohorts strategically grouped by factors like customer type, target audience, and fundraise stage.
We hosted our second annual Re View Summit for CEOs of companies built at Redesign Health.
At the core of our mission to redesign healthcare for everyone lies the essential element of collaboration. In September, we gathered 40+ operating company CEOs in New York City for the 2023 Re View Summit to participate in engaging panels, workshops and networking opportunities. Session topics included generative AI in healthcare and the power of partnering with healthcare incumbents. The CEOs in attendance collectively represented the healthcare journeys of over 15 million patients who have directly benefited from our transformative work.
We continued to expand our network of expert advisors.
Members of Redesign Health Advise contribute their expertise to healthcare innovation by partnering with our Operating Companies to help us solve some of today’s most pressing issues. In 2023, we added 200 advisors to our network of accomplished industry leaders.
We also announced that David Entwistle, President and CEO of Stanford Health Care, joined our Board of Directors in August. A renowned healthcare leader, David has a storied career of driving transformative health innovations at academic medical centers and leading them to achieve national recognition for patient care quality.
Five Years of Redesigning Health
This year marked five years since we launched Redesign Health. Since 2018, we’ve launched over 50 companies and generated $2 billion in value. We're inspired by the strides the Redesign Health community has taken towards our mission of redesigning health for everyone and eagerly anticipate another exciting year ahead!
- Redesign HealthRewriting the Script on Comprehensive Medication Management
Scriptology combines an extended clinical pharmacy team with technology, creating proven benefits for patients, providers and payers
February 21, 2024
- Redesign Health2023 Redesign Health Recap
As we wrap up the year, here's a recap of some of our most exciting moments.
December 14, 2023
- DementiaRedesign HealthBridging the Gaps in Dementia Care for Providers, Patients and Caregivers
Harmonic Health leverages technology and expertise to create a new evidence-based dementia care model.
November 21, 2023
- Redesign HealthReshaping the Hair Restoration Journey
Ample combines clinical expertise and personalized care to make hair restoration approachable and empowering.
November 02, 2023
- Redesign HealthUnlocking Innovation: The Power of Strategic Partnerships in Healthcare
At the 2023 Re View Summit, we brought together industry experts from across the healthcare landscape for a discussion that explored how startups can more effectively partner with incumbents. Here are their insights.
October 26, 2023
- Redesign HealthUnleashing the Power of Generative AI and LLMs in Healthcare: Insights from Industry Experts
At the 2023 Re View Summit, AI Panelists explored how CEOs can get started, viable opportunities within the market and what investors and health systems are seeking when it comes to practical solutions.
October 24, 2023
- Redesign HealthHLTH 2023: 6 Emerging Microtrends for Healthcare Innovators
We're sharing the six microtrends we kept hearing about at HLTH 2023 that we expect to shape the early-stage company landscape in the years to come.
October 18, 2023
- CEORedesign HealthFrom Startups to Scaling: Key Takeaways from the 2023 Re View Summit
During our recent Re View Summit, we gathered 40+ CEOs from the Redesign Health community to tackle some of the most pressing issues in healthcare through panels, workshops and networking. Here are some of the highlights.
October 12, 2023
- CardiologyRedesign HealthUnlocking the Full Potential of Independent Cardiology Practices
Cardiology care delivery enablement platform CardioOne builds early momentum through partnerships with independent cardiology practices and MedAxiom.
October 03, 2023
- Redesign HealthDavid Entwistle, President and CEO of Stanford Health Care, Joins Redesign Health Board of Directors
We’re thrilled to welcome David Entwistle, President and CEO of Stanford Health Care, to our Board of Directors.
August 17, 2023
- Chronic CareRedesign HealthInfusing Innovation Into Care for Chronic Illnesses
Uptiv Health transforms the transactional treatment model centered on pharmaceutical support to one that’s focused on the whole person, empowering patients while prioritizing their health and well-being.
August 10, 2023
- Mental HealthRedesign HealthMaking a Clinical Impact: UpLift's Integrated Behavioral Health Model Increases Access to High-Quality Psychotherapy and Psychiatry
Early traction secures $10.7M in Series A funding and a new Medicaid MCO partnership that will form a first-of-its-kind clinically integrated network (CIN) to expand behavioral healthcare access for Medicaid members in Washington, D.C.
August 08, 2023
- CaregivingRedesign HealthModernizing the Caregiving Experience
We’re proud to introduce a groundbreaking platform designed to meet caregivers’ unique challenges.
August 01, 2023
- Healthcare LaborRedesign HealthReimagining the Healthcare Labor Pool Through Innovation
In our latest blog post, we look at trends shaping the imbalance of healthcare staffing supply and demand and explore the ecosystem of Operating Companies at Redesign Health that we’ve built to help health systems ease the labor crisis.
July 28, 2023
- Senior HealthRedesign HealthCultivating Connection and Community Among Older Adults: Meet Peppermint
We are proud to highlight the recently launched company Peppermint, an innovative online clubhouse community designed to help older adults discover and pursue their passions and inspire others.
July 26, 2023
- Value-Based CareRedesign HealthBreaking Down Barriers to Value-Based Care Contracting: Simplifying the process through collaboration, real-time insights and comprehensive data
Syntax is an enterprise SaaS platform that simplifies and demystifies how contracts are created and completed for all parties involved. With Syntax, teams can obtain a full view into what a value-based contract will look like in practice.
July 18, 2023
- Cardiac CareRedesign HealthExpanding Access to Cardiac Rehabilitation with Whole-Person, At-Home Care
Each year, more than 1 million Americans become eligible for cardiac rehabilitation. We’re thrilled to launch a new company designed to reshape the way patients receive cardiac rehabilitation.
June 15, 2023
- Redesign HealthRedesign Health: A 5-Year Milestone of Innovation & Impact
As we stand at the cusp of the next wave of change, we wanted to look back on what we’ve done so far and share where we — and the industry — are going next.
May 31, 2023
- Redesign HealthCelebrating Five Years of Redesigning Health for Everyone
Five years ago, we realized the only way to create real change in healthcare is at scale. Now, we’re proud to have powered the launch of more than 50 healthcare companies.
April 20, 2023
- Redesign HealthRedefining Pet Care for Modern Pet Parents and Veterinarians
Today’s pet owners don’t just adopt animals—they treat them as members of their family.
April 12, 2023
- Our Key Takeaways from ViVE 2023
Redesign Health attended ViVE 2023 in Nashville last week, where Redesigners and leaders from our Operating Companies connected with industry innovators and attended thought provoking panel discussions.
April 03, 2023
- Lesley SolomonFilling the Critical Gap in Women’s Health Care
Women in the United States are facing a troublesome, fragmented patchwork of care options, caused by a variety of challenges.
February 28, 2023
- 2022 Year in Review
It was an exciting year for Redesign Health!
December 19, 2022
- HLTHRedesign HealthOur Key Takeaways from HLTH 2022
Redesign Health attended HLTH 2022 in Las Vegas last week, where Redesigners and leaders from our Operating Companies connected with industry innovators and attended thought provoking panel discussions.
November 21, 2022
- Redesign HealthOur Biannual Redesign Health Cares Day
Last week, Redesign Health held its Redesign Health Cares Day in celebration of World Kindness Day on November 11.
November 17, 2022
- PartnershipsRedesign HealthPartnering With Leading Children's Hospitals to Identify and Build Innovative Pediatric Healthcare Solutions
At Redesign Health, we firmly believe the US healthcare system desperately needs innovation to address our lagging health outcomes, sky-high costs and uneven access to care.
November 03, 2022
- Redesign HealthRedesign Health at HLTH 2022
We are excited to share that Redesign Health team members and leaders from a number of our Operating Companies will attend HLTH in Las Vegas later this month.
November 02, 2022
- CEORe View Summit Recap
We recently brought together 30+ of our founding CEOs and Venture Chairs for the inaugural Re View Summit, a two-day event focused on the best practices for successfully scaling businesses.
September 29, 2022
- Redesign HealthOur Mission to Redesign Health for Everyone
Redesign Health powers innovation in healthcare by developing technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change across the industry. Since 2018, exceptional founders have built over two dozen companies at Redesign Health.
September 13, 2022
- Redesign HealthAmbition and Urgency Shape the New Redesign Health Brand
Our new brand is the culmination of conversations with people from all levels of the organization — those who have been with Redesign since the beginning to people who just walked in the door. We listened to founders, partners, and industry experts.
April 21, 2022